Of all the types of sitting asanas in the world, we have collected some of the best top 5 sitting asanas and their health benefits. These asanas does not require much amount of intense pressure or stamina. Instead, you can do these asanas at your office or at the comfort of home. So, if you’re ready, then let’s move forward with the sitting asanas first and then their health benefits.
1. Padmasana (Lotus Pose):
Padmasana or Lotus position is a cross-legged asana where your feet are placed on the opposing thighs. The moment you do it for the first time, you will notice your feet sliding off from your thighs. Here you don’t have to worry about it as it is normal and with time you will get habituated.
- Stretches the knees and ankles.
- Calms the brain and increases attention and awareness.
- Straightens your spine and helps in developing a good posture.
- Helps in keeping joints and ligaments flexible.
- Eases out any menstrual problems and restores the energy levels in our body.
- Stimulates the pelvis and bladder.
2. Sukhasana (Easy Pose):
If you’re a beginner and just starting out your journey, then Sukhasana is the best to start out as it is easy and doesn’t involve heavy stretching. For doing this, simply sit down on the floor and cross your legs as how you sit in for any type of yoga meditation.
- It lengthens your spine and broadens your collarbone and chest.
- Calms the mind and reduces any type of mental tiredness.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.
- Helps with the improvement of body posture.
- Opens your hips.
- Stretches ankles and knees.
3. Vajrasana (Diamond Pose):
This is a very stress relieving asana that requires you to practice it after your meal. For doing this pose you just have to sit down and fold your legs in such a way that your feet is under your hips.
- It helps with your digestion and reduces the fat in your hips.
- Cures urinary problems.
- It tones the muscles of the calf, thighs, and hips.
- Improves the blood circulation.
- Calms the mind and helps with relaxation.
- Serves as a good pain reliever for arthritis patients.
4. Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose):
Sit down on the floor with your back straight and legs extended. From this position, bend your knees and join the soles of your feet. At first it will be a little difficult to touch the ground, but with time it will get easier.
- Helps in improving the blood circulation.
- Relieves mild depression.
- It stimulates the prostate gland and kidneys.
- Useful in high blood pressure.
- Stretches inner thighs and groin.
- Eases childbearing.
- It is helpful in healing asthma.
5. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Spinal Twist):
Ardha Matsyendrasana is best practiced when it is done in the morning on an empty stomach and clean bowels. In order to do this you have to sit in a straight posture with your legs stretched out. Now bend your left leg in such a way that your left foot lies next to the right hip and then repeat the steps on the other side after a few seconds.
- It tones your abs and opens up your neck and shoulders.
- Relieves any of the back pain.
- It is useful for slipped disc.
- Cleanses the internal organs and eliminates any wastes.
- Regulates the secretion of bile and adrenaline.
- It is helpful for diabetes.
Therefore, these were the top 5 sittings asanas and their health benefits that you can try in order to give a treat of goodness to your body. Plus, with sitting asanas like such, even the Bikram yoga has many health benefits for your body. If you would like to check that out in detail, then head over to the Bikram yoga benefits article.