Yoga is one exercise that doesn’t require that level of the extreme workout routine. A simple stretching that we all do after waking up in the morning also counts as a yoga pose, something like putting your arms above your head or even stretching your legs comes under a simple yoga pose.
For doing yoga, a person doesn’t need an extra pair of accessories, a normal routine on your yoga mat or simply a bed will be a good option.
So, Here are some of the simple yoga exercises that you can do to stretch and strengthen the muscles in your body.
Raised Arms Pose (Urdhva Hastansana):
- Stand in a straight position and raise your arms over your head.
- Inhale when you’re raising your arms up and exhale while coming down.
- While doing this pose the palms can be pressed together or can be straight up facing each other.
- This can be your simple after getting out of the bed stretching pose.
- Now, as per your convenience, you can try doing the different variation like bending the upper body into a back-bend and stretching the arms back into a back-bend or bringing your hands together like an Anjali Mudra.
Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana):
- From a standing position, exhale and bend forward from the hip joints and not from your waist.
- While bending, place your palms on the yoga mat or floor.
- If this is your first time doing this pose then you can slightly bend your knees in order to make your palm touch the ground.
- For doing this pose, you have to step your right foot forward and gradually try to move your left feet behind your back.
- For the support, place your hands besides the right foot.
- Keep your left leg straight and strong.
- Stay in this position for five breaths before changing the position of your leg from right to left.
- Lay down on your mat in a forward position.
- From this position try to lift up your whole body using your hands.
- Keep your whole body in a straight position.
- Try to stay in this position for 1 minute.
- Make sure you keep your body in a straight line.
- Although, this pose can be little difficult for the beginners, but if possible, try to do it without giving up and ultimately after some time you will gain the experience of doing it for a longer period of time.